Eligibility Conditions for Membership
The membership of The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) could be obtained subject to fulfillment of the following conditions as to:-
- Educational Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
- By passing the prescribed examinations as laid down in constitution of the Institute, prescribed and approved by the Executive Council of the Institute and thereafter acquiring the practical job experience or
- By submission of the documentary evidence to the satisfaction of the Executive Council of the Institute that the applicant for membership holds such academic or professional qualifications of Accounting, Auditing, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Auditing and practice and the related subjects as the Executive Council considers equivalent to the prescribed qualifications and standards of the Institute,or
- If the applicant for membership is a member of another professional Institute of Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing whose examinations are considered by the Executive Council to be equivalent to the examinations of the Institute.
- Approved Practical Job Experience
- If the applicant for membership has gained not less than five or more years practical job experience of the type prescribed, such experience may include his period of service as an employee in the regularly constituted Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing Department of a business organization of good standing so recognized by the Executive Council of the Institute.
- If an applicant for membership is graduate or master of Commerce or Master of Business Administration of a recognized University, the Executive Council may reduce by not more than half year the period of practical job experience mentioned in constitution of the Institute.
- If the applicant for membership has attained the age of 23 years.
- If the general conduct, experience and suitability of the applicant for membership are in accordance with the standards prescribed and approved by the Executive Council of the Institute.