Why Join IFAP?
Why Join IFAP?
The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) has a long history of producing top notch Professional Forensic Accountants and Forensic Auditors (FAs) who have gone on to become reputable business leaders in various organizations both locally and internationally. The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) emphasizes the importance of having an extensive and in-depth technical knowledge coupled with excellent soft skills. The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) prides itself on having a Program that produces professionals in the fields of Forensic Accounting, Forensic Auditing and its related areas who can lead, innovate, value-add and is a trustworthy source of knowledge and advice.
A Deeper Understanding of Forensic Accounting & Forensic Auditing in Pakistan
Being a Pakistan based Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing Professional Body, The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) is poised to provide its members with comprehensive advice and support in local regulatory requirements, statutes, standards and laws in the area of Forensic Accounting, Forensic Auditing, Forensic Investigation and Fraud Examination that influence the business environment in Pakistan. As an IFAP member, you will have access to the latest updates in these areas and provision of advice by the technical experts who are in regular discussions with governing authorities.
The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) has played an instrumental role in the research and development of Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing standards in Pakistan. Its scope of commitment in developing technical standards include:-
- Reviewing and setting guidelines on the applications of International Standards on Forensic Accounting and International Standards on Forensic Auditing.
- Development of Pakistani Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing Standards for application where specific standards are necessary in order to comply with local business conditions and statutory requirements.
- Working jointly with relevant Government Authorities in developing Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing Standards for specialized industries such as banking and financial and insurance.
- Working in consultation with various regulatory authorities in reviewing existing regulations and legislation and in the development of new ones.
- Providing Government with technical assistance in whatever areas that might require the application and review of technical standards.
Services to our Members
The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) provides a wide range of valuable services to its members including:-
- Development and issuance of standards and guidelines on forensic accounting, forensic auditing and forensic investigative reporting.
- Rendering advisory services to members on all areas of a FAs work covering forensic accounting, forensic auditing, taxation, company law, financial management and insolvency practice.
- Conducting Continuing Professional Education and Development Programs.
- Setting and monitoring members’ compliance with ethical standards governing members’ professional conduct thereby safeguarding the interest of the general public.
- Updating members via electronic means on updates to technical and professional standards
- A bi-monthly periodical produced by IFAP–The Forensic Accountant.
- Issuance of a Members Handbook containing technical and professional standards on Forensic Accounting and Forensic Auditing.
Reasons to Join IFAP
Whether you’re a forensic accounting and forensic auditing professional just starting out in your career or an experienced expert, The Institute of Forensic Accountants of Pakistan (IFAP) believes in you and the work you do to help your clients. We take pride in providing you with resources you won’t find anywhere else, and helping you succeed in the ever-growing and changing industry.
As accounting laws change, you can rely on IFAP for professional advocacy within the government, guidance on how to apply updated federal tax code to your clients’ unique situations and relationships with communities of other tax professionals to help foster your career.
Join IFAP and secure your professional success for years to come. Our members enjoy a number of benefits that include exceptional forensic accounting and forensic auditing education, information-packed publications, access to live and online research services, resources for clients, invitations to local and national events, and unending support from our group of forensic accounting and forensic auditing experts and IRS representation to make sure every voice is given the opportunity to be heard.
When you’re a member of IFAP, you’re part of a thriving community of forensic accounting and forensic auditing professionals looking to better themselves and provide their clients with the most accurate information. IFAP membership also includes state chapter membership so you can connect with forensic accounting and forensic auditing pros in your area to discuss state-specific issues.
Being informed of industry updates and new ways to apply the tax code is critical to you being able to do your job. All members receive weekly email updates with the latest in forensic accounting and forensic auditing industry news and Professional and Premium level members receive print publications that offer a more in-depth look at critical new developments in forensic accounting and forensic auditing, practical forensic applications and other solutions to the day-to-day challenges of running a forensic accounting and forensic auditing practice.
One of the main reasons our members initially join IFAP is our abundance of education options. We take pride in our reputation of providing high-quality education with real-world experience. Depending on your membership level, you may receive unlimited access to our webinars and self-study courses. All memberships include an Ethics webinar and business practice education.
Becoming a forensic accounting and forensic auditing professional with a reputable practice doesn’t mean knowing everything–it means knowing where to turn when you need help. Our knowledgeable research team is here to help you answer your toughest questions related to your clients’ takings. Depending on your membership level, you’ll receive research questions and access the industry-favorite online forensic accounting and forensic auditing research tool.
The impact our members have on the lives of millions of clients is a fact we don’t take lightly. Your right to practice in a fair environment, no matter how large or small your practice, matters to us. When your voice is needed to share concerns with our contacts within the IRS or to representatives in our government, we speak with the strength of 300 forensic accounting and forensic auditing experts.